Before every lessons pupils must have read the latest
government coronavirus advice by using this link https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Customer safety remains our top priority. The following procedures will be adhered to before, during and after driving lessons:-
- You will be contacted the day before your lesson to ensure that you
have no symptoms. If you or any member of your household/anyone you have been in contact with has COVID-19 symptoms your lessons will be suspended for 14 days and you will need to
self-isolate. Driving lessons will only resume once you and your household are clear of the virus and you can provide a copy of your test results.
- We will ensure that all contact surfaces in the car will be wiped
down using anti-viral products.
meeting your instructor you will be asked if you or any member of your household/anyone you have been in contact with has COVID-19 symptoms as listed on the government website for
- You should have either washed your hands and wrist thoroughly prior
to your lesson (current advise is at least 20 seconds of washing with soap and warm wateras explained in government guide lines) or we provide you with hand sanitisers.
- You must bring and wear
your own Face mask/cover before meeting your instructor. If you would like to wear gloves then you can bring along your own gloves. Your instructor will also be wearing Face mask/cover.
- In order to allow for good ventilation we keep the windows
- If you have any symptoms after your driving lesson then you
must inform your instructor immediately. Pupils must inform their instructor if they or their household or bubble/network have any symptoms.
- Where possible theoretical part of the lessons will be carried out
outside the car.
- As much as possible please try not to bring any unnecessary items
into the car(i.e. coats, bags). If possible keep your driving licence, mobile phones, payments in your pockets. If this is not possible then when you get in the car place them in the driver's door
side pocket. This will help to reduce spread of the virus.
- Could you bring your own pen to be used by only you during your
- Please make lesson payments electronically by bank transfer on the
day that your lesson is booked as cash payments increases the chance of spreading the virus.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may
be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or
taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste
different to normal
You can use this link to see
the latest symptoms of COVID-19 https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
In the event of you being
advised to self-isolate due to you contracting the virus, we will do our best to honour all lessons and reschedule where possible.
Current government advice
regarding theory and practical tests is as below for your information:-
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19
is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact.
Swish Driving School has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19;
however, Swish Driving School cannot guarantee that pupils will not become infected
with COVID-19. Further, attending driving lessons could increase their chance of
All pupils must acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that they may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending driving
lessons which may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. also the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 during practical driving lessons may result from
the actions, omissions, or negligence of the pupil and others, including, but not limited to, driving instructor and other pupils.